EZSurvey™ - Desktop Serviceability Tools
Rainbow Design Services, Inc. has been providing a multitude of services to the Cable/MSO, Utility, Telco and generally to anyone building and maintaining communications infrastructure for many years. Rainbow specializes in Engineering and Documentation of these networks – and in doing so has provided a “Serviceability Field Survey” service for many years as well. NOW we can provide a DESKTOP Survey tool integrated with your environment: EZSurvey™
One of the key questions, and ultimately a key differentiator for our best customers, is the speed and accuracy for which the serviceability questions can be answered: Ex. “Can I get service at this address?”, “Are your services available where we are building a house?”, “My business wants high-speed internet services from you – how quickly can you provide a connection and what will it cost?”, “We have many cell towers, we want an estimate from you for Backhaul services, how soon can you provide an estimate?”
These are just a few examples of the kinds of questions our Service provider customers get asked – questions from Residential customers and even more critically from Commercial customers. The key is a quick answer, an accurate answer, and real life LIVE metrics to work from. How do you answer these questions now? Probably from many data sources, many tools, most likely taking lots of time and probably costing $$ too!
A new answer: Leveraging our years of experience, GIS knowledge, API and Data model knowledge and our embedded Application Development team – we have announced our newest product in the EZMap family – EZSurvey™. EZSurvey™ is a product that derives its Geo-coding capabilities from the Google Maps API, makes use of all the well-known Google tools (Satellite imagery, addressing data, Lat-Lon information and much more) and even more critically leverages your Engineering data from Engineering/GIS tools like Bentley Comms V8, V8i, SPATIALinfo – Spatialnet among others… Together these capabilities allow a user to:
- Enter an address or Lat/Lon
- Geocode that address or point
- Validate visually if the geocoded location appears correct
- Get a straight-line measurement from that point to nearest facilities (Tap, Ped, Cabinet etc)
- Get a road-based distance between the same points
- See entire Strand/Design/RF/Fiber Node projected over the street map
- Get other details like Map#, Node Name, MS Links and any other important identifiers stored in your Engineering database.
Here are some basic screen shots of the tools and a step by step entry/search of an address in question:
Click on any image to see a larger version.
Our goal with EZSurvey™ is to provide our customers with as close to an INSTANT answer, some metrics, some SOLID ESTIMATES, data to work with around what is and is not potentially serviceable without having to roll a truck or take hours/days/weeks to get what is needed to secure a customer.
A core goal as well was to deliver a solution that is TOTALLY web-based! THis solution requires no THICK Client software, no server-side additions to your network. If you have an Engineering Database, an Internet connection and some data we can point these tools at - you can do this! Even better, this is totally cross-broswer compliant - and it works great on Mobile devices like I-Phones and IPADs! Ever been in a meeting and someone asked these kinds of questions and you wish you had INSTANT access to data -- NOW YOU DO!
We recognize every service provider has a different set of processes, different rules about the “Magic Mile” and at what distance and situation fits the “Serviceable” definition every time – but we also know everyone we work with needs better tools to provide more data, better data and provide these answers more quickly!! Everyone has the same goal to get to the new business first, and this solution can help do just that.
Please contact email@example.com for a DEMO, a TRIAL or for answers to your questions on this product and any other offering from Rainbow Design Services, Inc. Feel free to call (502) 266-5357 Ext. #132 and speak to sales as well.
This application is totally web-based and is driven by engineering data stored in Oracle, is integrated with Engineering Applications like Bentley Comms and SPATIALnet, and can be extended to other environments (data sources) as well. The software is cross-browser compliant and tested on Internet Explorer 8, Safari, Mozilla and Firefox. We have demonstrated use of these applications on I-PHONE, IPAD and other mobile/handheld devices.
- IE 8 or later
- .NET 2.0 or later
- Internet Connection
- Subscription / License for this software
- DUMP / COPY of your Project Data (V8.5 Bentley Comms example)
- Locate Address
- Geocode Entities
- Project/Overlay in relation to Engineering Data / System Maps
- Rough Metrics from Entity to nearest serviceable end of plant
- Individual Address / Lat-Lon
- Multiple (List) Addresses / Coordinates
This software is powered by Google Map API, and integrates Engineering Data with Mapview (streetview), Satellite View and Terrain View.
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for a DEMO / Trial or Q&A.
We are experts in the use of most Industry Standard CAD, Mapping, Engineering & GIS software products including but not limited to:
- Bentley Systems: Focus (FBD, Focus 95/98/One), Bentley Fiber (Comms) V8 & V8i, MicroStation (all versions), Bentley Map, MicroStation Geographics
- Autodesk: AutoCAD (all versions), AutoCAD Map
- Lode Data Corporation: Lode Data Fiber Module, Design Assistant, Drafting Assistant
- GE Energy: Smallworld Product Suite
- ESRI: ArcGIS, ArcServer/Desktop, TMAP products
- MapInfo (PitneyBowes Business Insight): MapInfo Professional, MapMarker
Please contact our technical sales team for more information. We are excited to talk about your plans for the future, and in partnering with you for unparalleled success.